Why did the chicken cross the road?
- We have no idea, but please don’t run them over while in Key West.
Do you have any campsites available?
- No. We are not a campground. We rent camping gear.
- Check our Destinations Page for local campgrounds.
Where are you located?
- We do not have a store front.
- All reservations can be made via our website (7 day advance requirement)
- If you are having problems booking please email email@example.com or call (305) 928-3515
- We deliver the gear to you at the Dry Tortugas Ferry Terminal located at: 100 Grinnell Street, Key West, FL 33040
Why do I have to create a log-in/password?
- The log in system allows you to access and edit your reservation
- The log in system is an extra layer of security built into our system to protect you and your information
How do I know my reservation is confirmed?
- We have been experiencing minor technical difficulties that are showing customers a message that says their account has “timed out” after making your reservation
- You will know your reservation has been completed when you receive an automated confirmation email within minutes of booking your gear.
- If you do not receive an automated email within an hour of booking your reservation please call or email us to directly resolve this issue and we will get you squared away
I have a reserved my gear, I am relaxing, what should I expect next?
- You will receive an automated confirmation email/receipt
- We will send a follow up final confirmation email 3-5 days prior to your reservation with your reservation dates, rental gear list, and contact information for our crew member(s) that will be meeting you at the ferry terminal
- The day we deliver the gear to you, we will place a $325 (minimum) authorization on your credit card as a security deposit against theft and damage
- Please review our terms and conditions for more information
Where do we receive and return the rental camping gear?
- If you are camping at the Dry Tortugas NP we will deliver and pick up the gear at the Ferry Terminal located at 100 Grinnell Street.
Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the map.
- If you are camping at a location other than the Dry Tortugas NP Please email or call us (305) 928-3515 to make these arrangements
- We will be very easy to find and our crew are lovely human beings. Look for our logo on vehicles, hats, shirts. Typically we are parked at the end of Grinnell Street and our delivery vehicles are marked with our logo and company information.
Can we get our cooler the night before our departure date?
- If you would like to receive the cooler early we prefer to deliver all of your gear at the same time and there is no extra fee. Please ensure we coordinate this directly via email or phone calls.
- If you only want the cooler delivered early; please choose “Early Cooler Delivery” ($25.00) from the drop down menu under the calendar when you book your reservation and provide us with your hotel information and preferred delivery time in 4 hour increments ie: 800-1200, 1200-400, 400-800.
- It will be the customers’ responsibility to communicate with hotel concierge/management to let them know Camping Florida Keys will be delivering gear to you at the hotel. Often we don’t need to meet you directly and can have gear waiting for you upon arrival or delivered while you are out enjoying your vacation.
- The “Early Cooler Delivery” fee is to cover expenses for our crew’s time.
- Please email or call us (305) 928-3515 if you have any questions about these options. Many times, we can accommodate you picking the cooler up early to eliminate the extra fee.
Where can we buy ice/water/food/drinks?
- There are no less than 3 major grocery stores located in new town Key west. Check with them directly for hours of operation.
- There are 2 locally owned stores called Faustos, located in old town Key West. Check with them directly for hours of operation.
- There are a number of 24 hour convenience stores located throughout Key West that typically have minor stocks of groceries and other items that will most likely have what you need for a couple of nights camping at the Dry Tortugas.
- There is a small convenience grocery shop located at the corner of Margaret St. and Caroline St. that is within walking distance of the ferry terminal. Check with them directly for hours of operation. Typically, they will be open after we deliver your gear and prior to the ferry main boarding process, which begins at 0730.
- This is a great option for last minute items.
- This store can facilitate all of your food, water, ice needs for camping at Dry Tortugas but we recommend you scout them out first, or just relax and roll with it on that front. If you’re looking for steaks, not your place, if you just want some easy sandwiches and snacks; good enough.
Are chairs and umbrella included in the Basic Beach Kit?
- No, chairs and umbrellas are an add-on charge to the Basic Beach Kit