Why did the chicken cross the road?
- We have no idea, but please don’t run them over while in Key West.
Do you have any campsites available?
- No. We are not a campground. We rent camping gear.
- Check our Destinations Page for local campgrounds.
I have a reserved my gear, I am relaxing, what should I expect next?
- You will receive an automated confirmation email/receipt
- We will send a follow up confirmation email 3-5 days prior to your reservation with your reservation dates, rental gear list, and contact information for our staff member meeting you at the ferry terminal
- The day we deliver the gear to you, we will place a $325 (minimum) authorization on your credit card as a security deposit against theft and damage
- Please review our terms and conditions for more information
Where do we receive and return the rental camping gear?
- If you are camping at the Dry Tortugas NP we will deliver and pick up the gear at the Ferry Terminal located at 100 Grinnell Street.
Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the map.
- If you are camping at a location other than the Dry Tortugas NP Please email or call us (305) 928-3515 to make these arrangements
- We will be very easy to find and you get to meet our awesome crew
Can we get our cooler the night before our departure date?
- We want to accommodate you as best we can. If you would like to receive the cooler early we prefer to deliver all of your gear at the same time.
- This option may be available, but it may also require an extra delivery fee.
- Please email or call us (305) 928-3515 to discuss this option
Where can we buy ice/water/food/drinks?
- There are no less than 3 major grocery stores located in new town Key west. Check with them directly for hours of operation.
- There are 2 locally owned stores called Faustos, located in old town Key West. Check with them directly for hours of operation.
- There are a number of 24 hour convenience stores located throughout Key West that typically have minor stocks of groceries and other items that will most likely have what you need for a couple of nights camping at the Dry Tortugas.
- There is a small convenience grocery shop located at the corner of Margaret St. and Caroline St. that is within walking distance of the ferry terminal. Check with them directly for hours of operation. Typically, they will be open after we deliver your gear and prior to the ferry boarding process, which begins at 0730.
- This is a great option for last minute items.
- This store can facilitate all of your food, water, ice needs for camping at Dry Tortugas but we recommend you scout them out first, or just relax and roll with it on that front. If you’re looking for steaks, not your place, if you just want some easy sandwiches and snacks; good enough.
Are chairs and umbrella included in the Basic Beach Kit?
- No, chairs and umbrellas are add-on charge to the Basic Beach Kit